The 5th International Workshop on Application of Big Data for Computational Social Science (ABCSS2020)
Despite the progress of traditional social science, modern social science is facing a serious paradigm shift due to the development of computer and Internet technologies. Human behavior and social phenomena is possible to be quantified by big data digitall y tracing online activities and mobility records at a granular level. In some cases, big data can be analyzed using technologies evolving in the natural sciences, such as physics, chemistry, and biology. Experimental data and multiple results from theoreti cal and computational simulations complement them. Both theoretically and analyticall y grounded insights may open new doors of computational social sciences. From this pe rspective, we hold a series of annual workshops on application of big data for comput ational social science for several years. The scope of the workshop includes, but is not limited to, big data applications, big data collection and use, an integrated fra mework for theory, simulation, statistics, and experiments.
DATE & PLACE
December 10-13, 2020. (Melbourne, Australia) December 14-17, 2020. (virtual conference)
In conjunction with the 2020 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Joint Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology (WI-IAT ’20)
- Application of Sociology/Sociophysics using Big Data
- Application of Econometric/Econophysics using Big Data
- Social Media Data analyses from economic/political/social perspective
- Informatics using social Big Data
- Marketing science using social Big Data
- Business analytics using Big Data on consumer behavior
- Culturomics and art management
- Analysis of reputation of entertainment using Big Data
We accept papers of up to 8 pages. Submitted papers will undergo a peer review process, coordinated by the Program Committee Members of our workshop.
– Paper Submission Page
Submitted papers should be formatted to the IEEE conference proceedings format (see link to below).
– IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings
All registered papers that presented in this workshop will be submitted to IEEE Xplore with main conference papers, and will be submitted into some indexing system such as Web of Science, Scopus, DBLP and others.
- Fujio Toriumi, The University of Tokyo, Informatics
- Akira Ishii, Tottori University, Social Physics
- Isamu Okada, Soka University, Informatics
- Hiroki Takikawa, Tohoku University, Sociology
- Mitsuo Yoshida, Toyohashi University of Technology, Informatics
Drop us an email at abcss2020 [at] ss.cs.tut.ac.jp if you have any questions.
Program Committee Members