Contemporary social sciences are facing a serious paradigm shift because
of the developments in computer and Internet technologies,though traditional social sciences are still very important.
Big data, such as digital traces of online activities and mobility records, allows us to quantify human behavior and social phenomena at a fine-grained level,yet it is global in scale, thereby complementing experimental data and theoretical and computational simulation results.
In some cases, we can even employ the methods of natural sciences, including physics,chemistry or biology, in order to analyze big data.
From this perspective, we will organize the workshop of “applications of big data for computational social science.”
The scopes of the workshop include the applications of big data, as well as the methods for collecting and using big data for computational social science.
Moreover, theoretical frameworks and computational techniques for big data are also very important topics in our workshop.
In this workshop, social sciences are not limited to sociology,economics, marketing, political science,but also include informatics, complexity science,econophysics,sociophysics, culturomics and the arts.
- Application of Sociology/Sociophysics using Big Data
- Application of Econometric/Econophysics using Big Data
- Social Media Data analyses from economic/political/social perspective
- Informatics using social Big Data
- Marketing science using social Big Data
- Business analytics using Big Data on consumer behavior
- Culturomics and art management where, including entertainment, helm in Big Data has been out is utilized in the real world with elements of their management.
- Analysis of reputation of entertainment using Big Data.
But not be limited to, in the Workshop.
Oct.10 ,2016:Due date for full workshop papers submission
Nov.1, 2016: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
Nov.15, 2016: Camera-ready of accepted papers
Authors with interests in any of the listed topics or any other topic related to sustainability are cordially invited to submit their work.
All submissions should be in high quality, original and not published or under review elsewhere during the review process.
Submitted papers have to follow the IEEE official template. Maximum paper length allowed is:
Full Papers: 4 to 10 pages
Please submit your manuscript from here.
Tottori University, Social Physics, Entertainment Science
The University of Tokyo, Informatics
The University of Tokyo, Art and Technology